And I am sure we have asked ourselves the question of what colors do we look good in? at some point too... I know I have....well I did some research and this is what I found.
There are couple of ways you can tell if you warm-toned or cool-toned?
You are probably WARM-TONED if:
- Dark brown or black hair
- Deep red or auburn hair
- Reddish or golden brown hair
- Brown or green eyes
- Olive or golden skin
- Beige skin
- Skin which tans easily
- Your veins on the inside wrist are more green colored
- Light to medium brown hair
- Light green, hazel or blue eyes
- Grey or blue-grey eyes
- Natural blond hair
- Fair or pale skin
- Skin which burns easily
- Your veins on the inside wrist are more bluish
Some people have overlap as they might have olive skin but they still might burn easily. If you are one of them, you are lucky! You can pick any color out of the rainbow and it will compliment your skin-tone.
Refer to the chart that I found really helpful:
Now, we can move onto see which colors would compliment your skin tone: Below are some charts to help you out.
I know that I am a warm toned person because:
- My veins on my inner wrists are very much green than blue
- I tend to look good in Gold jewellery (although I do have alot of silver too)
- Corals look good on me (can tell from compliments). Check out my corally outfit post here!
- No matter how long I lay in the sun, I DO NOT burn. I tan easily.
- I get compliments when I wear certain colors: Peach, Corals, Teal. Deep Red etc.
Reflect on which color you tend to gravitate towards naturally and which colors you get a lot of compliments on? Wear what you feel confident in! At the end of the day, I believe one should wear what makes you feel good, the color doesnt matter! These are just some basic guidelines which can make us all to shop smarter next time we are out.
Let me know in the comments below if you found this tip helpful. I sincerely hope that this tip helped you or someone you know out. =)